Here you may find some hotels, restaurants and gite in the region
Between Moncrabeau and Condom, on the Baïse, is proudlu places this wonderful mill, which found again the splendor of past time.
The mill of Autièges
At the heart of Armagnac, the mill Autièges is a treasure, a unique heritage of the department, yet unknown. This old mill is located 6 km north of Condom, at the Baïse that rolls down the pan of Lannemezan. The Baïse is certainly the largest river basin of the Garonne.
At Condom,the site Autièges receives more than 1700 km2 water from a basin.
There is barrage of 70 meters long and 2.50 meters high and at the end of the dam rises the mill.
The exact date of its construction is unknown, but in the archives, the mill Autièges figure since the 13th century. You can be sure that at this time, the mill was owned by the lordship of Autièges because this noble house has ruled the duchy with its lands and rivers for a long time.
On October 8, 1903, the mill and sawmill mechanical Autièges were partly destroyed by fire, the plant had been assured by the lady Larrat widow, as owner, and by several Gaston Larrat and Lazartigue (engineer Nerac) as tenants, to Compagniela Paternal.
Attracted by the charm of the site, the current owner acquired the mill in 1980 by Mrs Sylvere in a sorry state. He immediately worked on its restoration. He consolidated the dam and installed a micro hydro system instead of two wheels, inside the building. He has retained a third wheel, witness of his previous function. The third wheel has continued to produce flour until 1956.
Comming from Cannes, passing the hamlet Gourragne and fallowing the road down to the river Baïse, between Moncrabeau and Condom, suddenly you will see this wonderful mill, certainly the oldest one, but in a phantastic shape.
This mill was first known as mill of Torasson (Tournaison) and and later the mill Cazenove. (Great and powerful noble family of Condomois) short history of this place.
Between 1275-1375, the mill was part of Tournaison, property of the Templars, who also created the hamlet Gourragne.
Destroyed in 1491, the mill Beauregard was given in fief by the brother of Raymond Monicole, religious Order of St. John of Jerusalem and the commander Nomdieu, Jehan Garcin, merchant of Condom, the responsibility to rebuild its costs through the annual performance of two "cart" of wheat, as of Nerac with the right to sell or exchange.
The seller reserves the right to just and direct fief. 8 June 1491, the act was passed at Puyfortaiguille in the presence of the brother Raymond Boutet, commander of Puyfortaiguille; Jean de Saint-Pot, rector of Nomdieu; Dominique Boubée, notary. The ratification of this act was made June 5, 1492, during the Chapter meeting in the order of Toulouse, in the castle of Fronton.
By sharing agreement of 9 March 1600, the house of the Cause and the mill belonged to Rose's Boutet, wife of John Ferrabouc, lord of Comrade. They and their son Charles, Sieur de Beauregard, sold it to Bernard of Cassaignet, Sieur de Tilhadet, August 24, 1610 and 1619 by acts adopted by G. Dauguym, notary in Condom.
In turn, the son of Bernard sold the mill to Flamon Miss Joan, widow of Jean Boutet, Sieur de Beauregard and Cardouède to 5,000 pounds, intended to pay the debts of the late Charles de Narbonne, brother of Paul of Narbonne Woman of the seller.
In 1654, Brother Paul, card room of Auzon farmer general commander of the Cavalry, is assigned to Mr. Robert Melet, president of Condom in the election, and the lady Boutet, his wife.
In July 1704, the Claude Boutet, widow of Robert de Melet noble, lord of Fondelin, use the mill as a farm.
1836: Construction of the dam Beauregard
On a small road between the Château Lasserre and Moncrabeau, still following the Baïse, there will show up this enornous mill, imporant building in this plaine.
Some historical datails:
The mill is located on the course of the Baise. The date of construction of the mill Vialère remains unknown. It is probably earlier in the twelfth century. Wheat mill operation is reported in the thirteenth century in this place, the name comes from the name Vialère an important family of knights: the Vialères are wellknown known in the eleventh and twelfth centuries.
The early writings indicating the existence of the mill dating from Henri IV: "In 1583, King of Navarre, as lord of Albret yields to noble Antony Buade Frontanac of, among other property, the mill Vialars.
Noble Antony Buade properties yielded almost immediately to Sir John Paul Lussan, lord of Lasserre, seneschal of Gascony.
August 26, 1598 - Work to repair the mill do Vialère, compiled by Paul Vaudoyer "master mason stonemason from the city of Paris and the architect of Mr. Basta Lussan" La Serre ", said deed signed Vaudoyer.
1605, November 29. Contract of Rachapt, parchment, of the lordship of Autièges also containing outright sale of the mill Vialère by the Chamber of Accounts of the Lord of Nerac Lussan. Amblat signed, notary and registrar of the domain of Albret, with the copy at the foot of the ratifications of Her Majesty
signed to Amblat said.
1674. Esparbes Lussan - parts of proceedings concerning family Esparbès about the mill Vialères on Baise, cons John Smith, merchant of Toulouse, cons the lady Fabre, widow Bruil and against the heirs of John Francis Maugis copy of the contract Wedding Cosnac François, Marquis de Cosnac with Margaret of Esparbès copy of the will of Francis of mutual Esparbès Lussan, Aubeterre Marquis, Marshal of France and Hypolite Bouchard Aubeterre lady, his wife, genealogical record of the family Aubeterre notice on the land that belonged to Lasserre of Esparbès. 34 pieces.
Pierre Gaude - merchant and consul Nerac: marriage contract with Marie Darod; appointed Consul certificate and catholicity of good conduct signed by the pastor of Nerac, liberal contracts for the acquisition of real estate; sale to Joseph de Castillon , Baron Mauvezin, the farm of Bourdieu-Major; several lawsuits against John Mene, miller mills and Vialères Beaumont and Joseph Cazaubon, of Bauleni; redemption of property awarded to various individuals after seizure on Poudensan John Elder, trading at Nerac.
Receipt in charge of advising the king, treasurer of France ..... 62 pieces. 1757-1813.
Terms & Conditions |Links | Homepage
e-mail City Hall of Francescas 2010 -
all rights reserved
Conception et maintenance : e-kommunikation.com
All materials on this website © City Hall of Francesas .
Photographs courtesy of e-kommunikation.com ©