bastide francescas

The harbour of Buzet , gateway for river tourism in Albret:
The new village already had a hold on the Baise, redone in 1878. Today, the port city is an important point for navigation. A double lock allows the passage of the lateral canal of the Garonne to the Baise. The lateral
canal, which measures 193 km, has 53 locks and several bridges.
Thanks to its location as a crossroads between the Baise, Lot, the lateral canal and the Garonne, the port of Buzet offers many opportunities for discovery of Albret and Lot-et-Garonne.

Wine of Buzet :
ideally located in the heart of the "coasts of Buzet, Buzet City gave its name to the wine produced in northern countries of Albret. Wine acknowledged, the AOC Buzet is ranked since 1973.
The different grapes are Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Beside several independent growers, the prodution is organized around the cellar of the "vignerons of Buzet" created in 1955. It has 4000 barrels made locally by two craftsmen coopers.Notice to lovers of good wine ...

cave de buzet
chateau de buzet The castle of Buzet:
Raided by the English in the thirteenth century, the castle was a stronghold of Buzet Catholic during the wars of religion. Overlooking the valleys of the Baise, the Garonne and the Lot, he belonged to the House of Pines, Ravignan of Noailhan of Caumont and Flammarens. (Not open).
In the first quarter of the 19th century, economic changes entail the abandonment of the old town castle area on the spur of the XV century castle in favor of habitat in the plains near the Baise and road-Damazan Northam. In 1832, the town of Buzet is transferred to a place called "Lagravère", which is expected to build a public square and a town hall. The town hall is built in the second quarter of the 19th century halfway between Baise and the road Damazan to Nerac. By 1850, the church of Buzet-le-Haut is closed to the public. Several locations are proposed to better understand the development of the village: one at the center of the village was abandoned in favor of a larger site west of town along the road to Xaintrailles. The Church of the nineteenth century, Gothic style, was built by Verdier, architect of the Church of the Little Nerac and staircase.
port de buzet

Terms & Conditions |Links | Homepage |Site Map
e-mail City Hall of Francescas 2010 -
all rights reserved
Conception et maintenance
All materials on this website © City Hall of Francesas .
Photographs courtesy of ©

top haut